What is it about the smell of coconuts? Immediately it washes away the stress of the day and transports you to a tropical beach – or does it just do that for me? If you feel the same, how would you like a mini-vacation each time you shower?
I love making my own DIY health and beauty items. And I love how much money doing so saves my family. Everything needed for this coconut body wash can be found at the dollar store.
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (About 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1/8 Cup Grated Soap (I like a gentle soap, but you can use what you like!)
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (Baby Oil or Olive Oil will work).
- Warm the coconut milk over the stove on low heat.
- Melt your soap and oil into the milk.
- Pour into a foaming dispenser or a glass container.
This wash will keep for about 1 week. Shake before each use.
Though there is not much lather, this is a luxurious, rich, and nourishing body wash. You will certainly feel as though you are indulging!
There are many benefits to your skin for using coconut milk. And there are many benefits to your wallet for making your own health & beauty items – like this coconut body wash – at home.